Fiji is the hub of the South Pacific drawing more than 400,000 visitors each year.
This website is based on experience from backpacking through Fiji and wants to inspire you to do the same!!
Get the feeling...
Fiji is a relatively peaceful place for the traveller's to visit. Like any country in the world, there is some degree of crime but this can easy to avoid most times by adhering to safety suggestions such as these below.
- Avoid travelling alone at night
- Always let someone know where you are going or staying
- Avoid hitchhiking alone
- Keep your valuables in a safe place
- DO NOT show off your expensive valuables as you make yourself a target for robbery or harassment
- Do not carry large amounts of cash if possible
- Do not buy or seek marijuana, there is a new mandatory 3 month prison term if caught with even a small amount of the drug, locals and traveller's alike
- If someone you don't know is asking you 'Where you are staying?', say you are but a humble backpacker or camper ... even if you are not.
- As always - common sense prevails.